TWIC® and HME holders may now use those credentials to obtain TSA PreCheck when taking a flight.

A TWIC or Transportation Worker Identification Credential is a federal ID card issued by the TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

The TWIC Card is necessary for all workers that need access to maritime vessels and facilities.

TSA issues TWIC cards to transportation workers and the US Coast Guard. For any business at ports or related areas, a trucker needs to qualify for a TWIC card.

For trucking companies that need drivers that can haul loads into ports, the TWIC card is an asset. The certification allows truckers to haul loads into ports, boats, and associated areas.

Go to and register online for a TWIC card and make an appointment or be a walk-in. You can complete the process at 16780 Bryant Road, Lake Oswego.